How do you know if a therapist is a good fit for you?
Please read the following article for more information:
When considering several candidates, ask yourself these questions:
- Does it seem like the therapist truly cares about you and your problems?
- Do you feel as if the therapist understands you?
- Does the therapist accept you for who you are?
- Would you feel comfortable revealing personal information to this individual?
- Do you feel as if you can be honest and open with this therapist?
- That you don’t have to hide or pretend you’re someone that you’re not?
- Is the therapist a good listener?
- Do they listen without interrupting, criticizing, or judging?
- Do they pick up on your feelings and listen to what you’re really saying? Make you feel heard?
I am Diana Urman, PhD, a licensed psychotherapist who specializes in sex and relationship therapy.
Please stay tuned and follow my upcoming blog and articles that address some common concerns. I am also accepting new clients if you’d prefer a session with me for any of the following:
- Low libido
- Incongruent sex drive
- Orgasmic concerns
- Erectile concerns
- Communication when it comes to sex
- Capacity for pleasure
- Relationship difficulties among couples
- Alternative partnerships (polyamory and non-monogamy)
- Issues of infidelity and non-monogamy
- Performance anxiety
- Rekindling passion
- Sexual orientation and identity